Wednesday 5 December 2012

As some people might know I have a great interest in soldiers from my hometown of Sunderland that fought in the First World War.  As the build up to 100th anniversary of WW I approaches more and more Blogs and Forums are springing up & I get great enjoyment from spending a little time browsing around such places.

Being able to see the funny side of most things I like to inject a little humour wherever I go and I would like to share with you a few examples of how I have done this at sites dedicated to the First World War.

The first example is an old post I revived on a soldier from Sunderland with only one leg who enlisted into the army.

If anyone passing this way happens to know any details of this soldier I would be very grateful if you would post any details in a comment.

The second example that I revived after it had lay dormant for some time was on the subject of swearing in the army but as I am an Old Soldier I knew a little more about the subject than most, subsequently it was removed but not before I was able to keep a record of some of what you are about to see & read.

Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment